Applying for a Card at Cumberland County Library
Users must come to the library with proper identification to receive a library card. In addition to completing and signing a card registration form, the applicant should provide one of the following forms of recognized identification:
Adults (users 18 and over)
- Valid driver's license with current address
- Valid vehicle registration with current address
- Valid vehicle insurance card with current address
- New Jersey State Photo ID with current address
- Passport (recent and valid)
- Voter registration (current year)
- Military ID with current address and date
- Current pay stub with a current address (within the past 30 days)
- Recent utility bill with current address (within the past 30 days)
- Property tax bill with current address
- House deed
- Certification of residency
- Rent receipts with date, name, and address
- If none of the above can be provided, then a registration from can be mailed from the library to applican'ts home address. As proof of address, both the form and the envelope must accompany the applicant when s/he returns to the library.
Juveniles and Young Adults (under age 18)
- Parent or legal guardian must come in to complete and sign the registration form
- Parent or legal guardian must show one of the proper forms of ID, listed above.
- In the case of an "emancipated minor," recent court documents with current address are acceptable forms of identification.
Download a copy of the library card registration form.
Last Updated on Thursday, 01 November 2012 09:08